Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My H2O Memories

Before we leave Sanford I have to share some of my favorite
areas that I waded in or swam in as a child.
The canal was Randy's and my swimming hole on a hot summer day.
I don't mention Natalie because I honestly don't remember her swimming here.
Maybe she was smarter than we were since there was never a life guard on duty. Not to mention LEACHES!
Dad would bring us to the river somtimes too.
My memories of this swimming hole?
Almost drowing! Or maybe it was just being scared
after trying to rescue Randy and having him panic and drag me under.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This area is Aspen Glade Camp Ground. Our family would drive to this
location with Grandma and Grandpa Mortensen and camp for the weekend.
Who is that? Is that you Grandma???
Natalie, Lon, Becky, Hannah and I took the opportunity to dip our
feet into the cold water of the Conejos River. It was a Kodak moment.
Now you have had a glimpse into the memories
of my childhood swimming holes and camp sites.
Memories can be a wonderful thing.

3 comments:

Don N Beck said...

Shelley I just really really like this one! So many beautiful spots, which were a joy to see, but your descriptions are precious. What joyous days of childhood! Love it!

Natalie said...

I was there. Never the river, but I would go to the canal. I was little and never got into the deep part.
Thinking back to all the things we did as kids, it's a wonder we're all still alive.
I didn't realize what a hero you have been. You saved Randy from drowning and me from a run away spooked horse!!

Shelley said...

I too think about some of the things we did as children and marvel that we made it through to adulthood.
Hero? Why, YES, I guess I have been....at leaast it sounds good.