Friday, November 7, 2008

Birthdays

To those of you whom occasionally view my blog you are now in for a treat! Or maybe you will view it as 'just more pictures of the same ol' people'. I titled this post "Birthdays" becuase we have had
three birthdays in the family since my last post and
I have been too busy being a politcal activist to think
about blogging. By the time 9:00 p.m. rolled around
I was ready for my head to hit the pillow and couldn't think about doing anything else but what had to be done for my family before I was able to think about going to bed.
September 29 was Bryce's birthday. We all went to the
Orange County Mining Company and enjoyed our dinner and
the beautiful view that overlooks the city of Orange.
Katelyn's birthday was October 23. We went to Bryce and Sabrina's house and enjoyed her
birthday with family and friends from school and church.
I thought she was the cutest Tinkerbell I have ever seen.
This cake was so beautifully decorated that the kids couldn't resist coming up and sneaking a pinch of frosting.
Cameron got into trouble (not a big surprise) so when
he was finished sitting in the corner I gave him my camera
so he could snap a few pictures, and this is what he came up with.
Now we're to Hannah's birthday party -
Hannah's Hollywood Night.
This is a picture of the star Hannah had
on the "Red Carpet". The pictures below
are of the various "Hollywood Celebrities"
standing on their stars.
Give a girl a micraphone and she tends to lose
all of her inhabitions.
This was the part where the different groups
of "stars" came up and gave their acceptance
speeches for the awards they received in making
their group movies.
Here they are holding up their little (very little) Oscar statues.
This is the end of my birthday post. You can probably be thankful
it didn't go on any longer. It could have, but I got halfway through
the party before I discovered I hadn't replaced the USB card
in my camera; so most of these pictures are from Mother's camera.
Thankfully she was here taking pictures or I would have had nothing!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Happy birthday to EVERYONE!!!! I loved ALL those pictures! Cameron is a little natural! Not bad! SHELLEY-I feel SO bad because I forgot you had asked us to be poperottsi (or however it's spelled) for Hannahs party! But it looks like everything turned out perfectly and those girls look like they're having FUN!

Don N Beck said...

LOOOOOOVED the post!!! And I love seeing the same old people! I happen to be very partial to them!

WONDERFUL to see Bryce on his bd!! And I loved seeing ALL the B's, all the K's, the C's, and a very special M & S !

Katelyn...sooo precious! Such a beauty! Kaylee is (gulp!) looking like a young lady! I'm not ready for that. And Cameron...Oh! I just love seeing him still at it pinching that icing! You go Cammie!

HOLLYWOOD! Love it! Shelley, this is the MOST wonderful party! So creative, so memorable. Can't wait to see the video...they all look wonderful. Your red carpet is to die for!

And don't feel bad, I've shot some of my best pix without film or a card in the camera! ha!

sandy k. smith said...

So cute!! Hannah's birthday party looks like so much fun! Kacey told me so many funny stories about the movies they made and acceptance speeches they gave that night. She said she felt like she was at a real Hollywood movie premier because the movies were so good and made a lot of sense. I wish I could've been there! I miss you Shelley and I hope I get to see you this week at GNO Japanese Style!!