Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Young Womens Evening of Excellence

I was sitting here admiring the beautiful colors Becky
has posted on her site and it hit me that I had my very
own burst of color photo's.
Tuesday night our Y/W had their Evening of Excellence.
Amanda - the one on the right planned the program
titled: You Are Unique.
As you will see it was based on different types of shoes
and the use of each shoe.
She put the use of the individual shoe with a unique tie-in
of a gospel standard.
Example: Red glitter platform shoes represented -
"Just as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz wanted
to go home, we are all striving to return home to
our Heavenly Father".
She collected tennis shoes, ballet shoes, work boots, etc. and
they all had a unique tie-in. A lot of work on her part, but
it turned out to be very effective. She is very talented.
Kathy, the one on the left designed and placed each Y/W value
on the tiles you see on each table; as well as the little flags
with the Y/W symbol that the miniture shoes are sitting on.
She is extremely talented.
Alynne, the one between me and Amanda made the tablecloths
that represented each value in color. She is extremely talented as well.
Are you wondering what I did and where my talent lies in all this?
I'll tell you when you reach it in the pictues.
Here it is!
This is my contribution to the evening and the many talents that were
put to use.
It's the 'shoe' cake server!
Oh, and the shoe boxes that were wrapped. I did those too.
Alynne must have thought I had a lot to offer when she
chose me to be her counselor. I feel very inadequate when I am
around all of these talented women. They sure are a lot of fun
to work with though. Who knows, maybe I'll learn something from
them before it all comes to an end.

3 comments:

Don N Beck said...

Shelley, I just love this post. It so warmed me. I love seeing you in your capacity and calling in Christ. And I just love the inspiration for the evening, and the creativity used in carrying it out. I may steal the inspiration sometime! And I feel you mad a huge contribution...the color and wrapping of the boxes gave such a rich and festive feel, and the cake server....how in the world??? It was absolutely an incredible touch! So clever of you.

Just a beautifully put together event!

Kellie said...

Shelley I LOVE that idea! I want to hear all about it in detail next time we get the chance! We just had our Excellence program as well!! You are ALL so talented and that cake was beautiful!!!

Natalie said...

Remember the Savior taught simple truths. I love your table.