Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's A Wonderful Life

We really are blessed with a wonderful life.
We have priveledges in our lives that so many in this world do not have.
A couple of days after Christmas Cara, Hannah, Mike and I
headed to Hurricaine, Utah where Tracey and Brent live.
It was 35 degrees but beautiful there. Here are a few pix.
How could anyone deny God created this world?
Here are two of my favorite people in the whole world. I can always count on having a good time when we're together.
Here's Ellie's new husband Dave; he is a great guy and Ellie
is an extremely happy woman. I am looking forward to spending fun times together with them.
I didn't get any pix of Ellie or Dave playing the wii Mario Kart
but Becky and Don were a riot to watch.
I think they secretly hoped Hannah would ask them if they wanted to play.
It must have been very hard work to keep those little karts on the track.
Or maybe they were suffering from hypothermia and just wanted to go to sleep.
It was great fun for me though - thanks Ellie, Dave, Becky and Don for coming
down and spending time with us over the holidays.
Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Thank you Shelley for a great Christmas and New Year. There's always a great feeling in your home that makes everyone feel welcomed! I love the stair photo of the family and the photo of you Becky, Ellie and I. We just continue to blossom with good ole fun! (I think Dave is one lucky guy to have Ellie and Ellie for Dave too) 2008 was an all round wonderful family Christmas!

Kellie said...

That view was UN-REAL!!! WOW! Lucky, lucky! It was fun to see pictures of Ellie and her husband! And all that Wii fun is just too funny! PS-Mike's dance must have been CLASSIC! SO fun! We missed you guys yesterday. Hope to see you soon.

Don N Beck said...

I'm SOOOOO happy that you posted the pix from UT...love seeing all the family, and I just think the scenery pix are amazing!

I really enjoyed your narrative of you, Ellie, Natalie & I! We're just so cute together! And I must commend you on your cropping of the couch pix...good job!

Mario??? Well, we raced our hearts out, and really DESERVED that nap! ;o)

We had the best time with you all, as always! Such a treat to see Ellie and become acquainted with Dave.

Can't wait till our next adventure!

lanisue said...

I love reading your blog Shelly. I found it through Sarah's. I can't believe how big Hannah is getting. Maurey almost got me a Wii but then I wouldn't have time for blogging. Hope you guys are doing well.
Lanita

Shelley said...

Lanita,
It's nice to know i have another follower. Send me your blog site so I can keep track of you and what's going on with your family. I think you have my email address if you don't want to send your blog site out to the public.
Welcome aboard!