Thursday, September 25, 2008

Desert, Indio & Friends

Last Friday Hannah and I headed down to Indio which is a little bit east of Palm Springs.
As we passed these windmills I couldn't help wondering .............. what if aliens came to our planet and saw these - would they wonder what they are?
Would they know we are generating power - or would they think we are gathering propellers from abandoned aircraft because we like to watch them spin? After we passed the windmills and came into Indio I got off of the freeway and began to look for a place to stay.
We were just spending one night there;
all we needed was a decent, clean looking place in a safe looking area with clean bathrooms, clean carpets, walls and linens that also had little bottles of shampoo and conditioner because I had left mine at home.
Do you think I was expecting too much?
As we drove all around the city of Indio I did not see ONE place that fit into that category. Everything looked old, run down and I could envision a parking lot full of strange people later that night.....not a pleasant thought.
So I got back on the freeway and backtracked a couple of miles to 1000 Palms where I found a Quality Inn and Suites.
This is not the Quality Inn and Suites.
It was the resort where the Claunches were staying and they invited us to come and spend the afternoon/evening with them and swim in those beautiful pools.
So that's exactly what we did!
This is Becky and Don's grandson, Caleb. He and his sister Chloe showed us the pools since they were able to swim earlier that day.
This is Chloe and her mommy, DeeDee.
DeeDee's the one inside the tube ;0)
Later in the evening, Don and Becky bought pizza for everyone and we sat outside enjoying the evening breeze as we ate.
I couldn't help snapping this picture of Don because I loved what his hair was doing.
HaHaHaHa........I thought it was funny.
He's a good enough sport to where I know he won't mind me sharing this with everybody.
This is what Hannah and I were doing while we were waiting for the pizza.
It was called the 'Lazy River' and it was so relaxing.
We had a wonderful time swimming, but we especially liked spending time with the Claunches.
Thank you Becky for inviting us. We LOVED it!

5 comments:

Kellie said...

Haha, I loved this whole post! That is so funny about the aliens!! And I TOTALLY don't blame you about the hotels... I'd rather sleep in my car than a nasty hotel. Don's hair was so "RAD" and I loved that picture of you and Hannah! That was REALLY cute!

Don N Beck said...

Toooo cute of you & Hannah, and I also love DeeDee with Chloe.

As for that man named Don....his wife ought to care enough to help him with his coif! And that really does remind me of the one of me when we were on the boat...and the one of me in Utah....and the one of me......


Great post!

Don N Beck said...

Toooo cute of you & Hannah, and I also love DeeDee with Chloe.

As for that man named Don....his wife ought to care enough to help him with his coif! And that really does remind me of the one of me when we were on the boat...and the one of me in Utah....and the one of me......


Great post!

Shelley said...

I too LOVED the picture of DeeDee and Chloe. It captures such a sweet moment between the two of them.
It would be fun to do a colage of "flying hair" moments. Wouldn't that be a riot?

Sarah Hull said...

What fun! That looked like such a blast! I am craving a "lazy river ride" right about now!