Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I HEARD IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY

Here's the man of honor, the birthday boy, the Silver Fox himself.
Does he look happy to be turning 65?
This is one of Mike's favorite places to go for a really good steak....Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill. Cara was still at work and Mike was ready for dinner; that's why you won't see Cara in our delicious dinner pictures.
This is how we chose to begin our eating extravaganza: Shoestring fried onion rings. MMMMM..........SO GOOD! Mike didn't used to like onion rings - can you imagine that? Then he married me and has learned to enjoy some of the finer things in life - well, maybe I can only take credit for introducing him to the finer fatty foods.
Mike ordered ribeye steak, one of his favorites.
Hannah ordered every steakhouse's specialty -
macaroni and cheese.
Blake's favorite for the evening was baby back ribs - one of my favorites also. I didn't show what I ordered because it wasn't really exciting. I ordered rotisserie chicken and broccoli, mmmm... :0 {
After dinner, we came home and opened the ONE present he had to open. He had already opened the ones he got before his birthday because he can't stand to wait. He isn't looking too excited about this one is he. It was a cedar plank to cook salmon on the grill. He also got a basket for cooking fish on the grill and some new cinder rocks for the bbq. Exciting huh? Keeley sent him a pocket watch with #1 DAD engraved on it.
Tracey said he had to wait to get his from her because it was too big to mail. Wonder what it could be???
To end the evening we sang happy birthday and let him blow out his candles. He was too full from dinner to enjoy the cake so Cara and Hannah had a piece. Two days later he still hasn't eaten any; and it's his favorite: chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Happy Birthday Mike.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!! I love that you documented the events of the evening. B & I now love Woodranch also! And yes-that mac and cheese is a delicacy! :) I got the chicken when I went also. Yummy!

Natalie said...

"Happy Birthday to my favorite brother in law and one of the nicest guys around!"


"If I had one wish then it would
be, to have a happy birthday to you from we"