Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Let's Begin Our Journey in January

This my friends is something I have been
wanting to do since I moved into this home.
I was going to have it done before Thanksgiving
but my contractor was stuck on another job.
So in January I was grateful to see the job
finally completed!
Check out these pictures and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Do you LOVE it?
I don't care if you say you don't because I am ecstatic about it!
My kitchen wasn't the only thing that looked like this....
A couple of weeks after the kitchen was done I decided to re-paint my bedroom.
I'm not finished with the decorating but I wanted to share it with you.
I LOVE IT!
I'm ready to do Hannah's room next. NOW ON TO.......
Why are these two so happy?
Because on January 5, we headed south to a place that we
had been wanting to go.
And after a LONG journey with Hannah
and her good friend Andie at the reigns....
we arrived at this 'old town' in San Diego.
Of course the first thing on our agenda was to find a bathroom!
We looked at every possibility.
This one was too claustrophobic.
This one was too hard to get into; and besides that
it wasn't private enough.
Besides that - where are the seat covers?
Should we try the old church?
Andie and Hannah must have made this trip before
because they knew exactly where to go.
After that we were ready for some fun and a little shopping. I bought the most delicious citrus olive oil and pomegranate vinegar here. Mmmmmmm.......Good!
The girls tried their hand at candle dipping.
As the sun began to set, we sat and waited for the next wagon to take us home.
The girls were lucky enough to catch this one.
We all climbed in and headed for the hills.
Anaheim Hills that is.
Guess what? Cara had a birthday! Do you want to guess how old she is? According to the candle on the cake... she's "1" ! That's all for now folks. My next post will be for those of you who are mathematicians; so polish up on your geometry.

5 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

LOVE THE NEW Kitchen and your bedroom!!! Fabulous!!!
What fun (and funny) times in San Diego!
Happy First Birthday to Miss Cara!!!! :)

lanisue said...

Love your bedroom nd kitchen would that be the Housel team doing that for you? I can't wait until my kids are a little older and we can enjoy excursions instead of the chasing game.

Shelley said...

Yes Lanita, that is Rick and Danny who did my kitchen - and I know what you mean about chasing the kids when you go on an excursion. It's been so nice to spend quality time with Hannah now that she is older.

Natalie said...

I already commented in person how I felt about your kitchen and bedroom. But... I'll say it again. I love, love, love what you did and the bedroom cheers me up! I need to give my home a make over. (Maybe after April)

I always love to come to your home, it always say's welcome.

Kellie said...

Your new room is BEAUTIFUL! And I bet it's nice to have those beautiful lights in your kitchen! It was fun to see you yesterday! Did I tell you that I LOVED your shirt?? Cause I meant to 100x's! :)