Monday, February 23, 2009

Yee...Haw!

Okay - are you ready for a funny story?
Last month Mike and I went to the annual Halcyon fund raiser/silent auction where I browsed around putting my name on a number of items that I was interested in. I came across a particular one of interest which was labeled
"PBR -Ford Tough". Well, I thought "Hum, I'll bet this is a monster truck event, I'm going to bid on this and give the seats to my boys if I get it." I continued to keep my eye on it through the evening and noticed that a friend of ours was bidding on it as well. Just before the bidding was coming to a close this friend came up to me and said, "Shelley, if you'll quit bidding against me I'll take you and Mike with us". I proceeded to tell him that I really wasn't sure what I was bidding on but I thought it was a monster truck event. Wasn't I surprised when he won the bid and I found out it was not a monster truck event, but professional bull riding!
This was NOT your typical rodeo!
If you can't make this out....the red is the eye of a bull head they had attached to the bull shoots. There is smoke coming out of the nostrils.
Here they are introducing the bull riders.
Our seats were located in the Mayors suite which we shared with a few other people he had so generously given the opportunity to come and see the show.
I wonder why the mayor of Anaheim didn't want to come????
Mike decided to buy some peanuts but he was a little confused about where to throw the shells.
It was a little different than being at a baseball game!
After he made the mess on the floor - but not before the last bull had been ridden - we high tailed it out of there in case they pulled out the vacuum and made us clean up the peanut shells.
Thanks Doug and Patsy for a "not your typical date night out".
It was fun entertainment but wonderful company.

4 comments:

Kellie said...

That is SO funny!!! Bull riding of all things! I actually like monster truck shows! They're kind of fun! Glad you let us share in the fun!!

lanisue said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Thought living here in Colorado there would be more rodeos and cheap ones but I was wrong. Brett wants to sign up for Muttin Busting. Whe I saw the baby thing on your blog my heart stopped until I read it. I am trying to talk the old geezer into coming for a visit to Anaheim Maybe this summer because Brett really wants to come.

Shelley said...

The baby ticker seems to have that affect on a number of people. It would shock me if it was mine...there's no worry there though.
If you drive south to Manassa for Pioneer Days (July 24th) you will probably be able to find a reasonable rodeo - I haven't been to one for many years however so there is a possabllity I could be wrong.

Kim said...

Mike and Shelley! I can't believe I found your BLOG! You guys look like you are doing fabulous! It's been forever. Just wanted to say Hi! I just spent an hour looking at your BLOG, so I thought I should just leave a comment to say Hi.
-Kim (Wurtz) Russell-